THEME OF THE YEAR 2023
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
(Isaiah 46: 4)
Psalm 112: 5 Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.
Prayer & Fasting for the New Year 2023 (Jan. 1st – 31st)
- Isaiah 46: 3-4 “Listen to me, you descendants of Jacob, all the remnant of the people of Israel, you whom I have upheld since your birth, and have carried since you were born.
4 Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
- Prayer Point: Lord I pray in Jesus name that in this year 2023 and going forward, more than ever before be my sustenance, thank you as you continue to carry me and rescue me from all attacks and evils in this present world, in Jesus’ name I confess and pray.
- Psalm 19: 4 “May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
- Prayer Point: In this New Year 2023, Lord I pray: May the words of my mouth and all the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer: in Jesus unfailing name. Amen.
- Psalm 20: 1-5 “May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests”
- Prayer Point: In the New Year 2023, Heavenly Father please hear and answer me if and when I am in any distress. Lord God of Jacob protect me and my household this New Year 2023. Lord send me everlasting, unshakeable help from Zion this New Year. Lord accept all my sacrifices of praise and all other sacrifices and thanksgiving this New Year. Lord, in the name of Jesus, give me all the desire of my heart and make all my plans in this New Year to succeed. Victory is my portion. My requests in the Lord will be granted in the matchless name of Jesus. Amen.
- Psalm 21: 6 “Surely you have granted him unending blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.”
- Prayer Point: O Lord in this New Year 2023, Lord please grant me and my household unending blessings, make us glad with unending joy of your presence just like you did for King David in Jesus name. Amen
- Psalm 134: 3 “May the Lord, who made heaven and earth, bless you from Jerusalem.
- Prayer Point: Good Lord, this year 2003, bless me indeed, my family, my ministry, from Jerusalem (Zion).
- Romans 9: 16 “So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
- Prayer Point: Good Lord, this year 2023, please show me your mercy in all my undertakings in the matchless name of Jesus.
- Proverbs 14: 12 “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death (destruction)”
- Prayer Point: Good Lord, in this year 2023, lead me in a path that will not lead to death and destruction in the matchless name of Jesus.
- Psalm 33: 22 “Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee”
- Prayer Point: Lord, you are my hope this year 2023, let your mercy be upon me and my household in the name of Jesus.
- Psalm 34: 8 “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him”
- Prayer Point: Lord I take refuge in you this year 2023, let me and my family and ministry have a taste of your goodness in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 35: 1-10; 23-28 “Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. 2 Take up shield and armor; arise and come to my aid. 3 Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me. Say to me, “I am your salvation.” 4 May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to shame; may those who plot my ruin be turned back in dismay. 5 May they be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of the Lord driving them away; 6 may their path be dark and slippery, with the angel of the Lord pursuing them. 7 Since they hid their net for me without cause and without cause dug a pit for me, 8 may ruin overtake them by surprise—may the net they hid entangle them, may they fall into the pit, to their ruin. 9 Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord and delight in his salvation. 10 My whole being will exclaim, “Who is like you, Lord? You rescue the poor from those too strong for them, the poor and needy from those who rob them.” 23-28 “Awake, and rise to my defense! Contend for me, my God and Lord. 24 vindicate me in your righteousness, Lord my God; do not let them gloat over me. 25 Do not let them think, “Aha, just what we wanted!” or say, “We have swallowed him up.” 26 May all who gloat over my distress be put to shame and confusion; may all who exalt themselves over me be clothed with shame and disgrace. 27 May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; may they always say, “The Lord be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant.” 28 My tongue will proclaim your righteousness, your praises all day long.
- Prayer Point: Lord according to your word, please fight with those who fight against me and my family and ministry in Jesus’s name. Lord you will not allow enemies to gloat over me you created in your image. May me enemies all be put to shame according to your word in Jesus unfailing name. Lord let your word be as it is written against the enemies of my soul and family in the matchless name of Jesus. Turn the scriptural passages into prayer as you are led by the Holy Spirit. Amen.
- 1 Chronicles 14: 11 “So David and his men went up to Baal Perazim, and there he defeated them. He said, “As waters break out, God has broken out against my enemies by my hand.”
- Prayer Point: In Jesus unfailing name, as waters break out, heavenly Father break out against my enemies this year 2023 in Jesus’ name. Amen
- 1 Chronicles 14: 6, 13 “… The Lord gave David victory wherever he went”. “He put garrisons in Edom, and all the Edomites became subject to David. The Lord gave David victory wherever he went.
- Prayer Point: Heavenly Father, in this year 2023, please give me victory everywhere I go just like you gave David victory wherever he went”
- 1 Chronicles 20: 6-7 “In still another battle, which took place at Gath, there was a huge man with six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot—twenty-four in all. He also was descended from Rapha. 7 When he taunted Israel, Jonathan son of Shimea, David’s brother, killed him”
- Prayer Points: Every giant or huge person (man or woman) taunting me and my family, let them be divinely killed and be put to shame in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- 1 Samuel 15: 34-35 “Then Samuel left for Ramah, but Saul went up to his home in Gibeah of Saul. 35 Until the day Samuel died, he did not go to see Saul again, though Samuel mourned for him. And the Lord regretted that he had made Saul king over Israel”
- Prayer Point: Lord, I pray you will not regret over me, over your work in my hands in the matchless name of Jesus.
- Psalm 101: 2-3 “I will be careful to lead a blameless life—when will you come to me? I will conduct the affairs of my house
with a blameless heart. I will not look with approval on anything that is vile.
- Prayer Point: In Jesus name, O Lord help me to lead a blameless life, conduct the affairs of my household/ministry with a blameless heart, and not be in company and approval on anything that is vile in Jesus unfailing name.
- Psalm 102: 24 “So I said: “Do not take me away, my God, in the midst of my days; your years go on through all generations.
- Prayer Point: Father, I pray for long, healthy, productive, Holy Spirit filled life. Do not take me away in the midst of my days in Jesus name.
- Psalm 115: 13-15 “he will bless those who fear the Lord—small and great alike. May the Lord cause you to flourish, both you and your children. May you be blessed by the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
- Prayer Point: Lord in this new year 2023, Lord please cause me and my children to flourish. You the maker of heaven and the earth bless me and my children and household in this new year 2023 in the matchless name of Jesus.
- Proverbs 9: 10-11 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life.
- Prayer Point: Father I pray asking for your wisdom that my days on this planet earth will be many, and years added to my life in Jesus’ name.
- Proverbs 14: 1 “The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down”.
- Prayer Point: Lord help me to build my house, I will not tear down my house, the house you have given me with my hands in Jesus’ name.
- Exodus 32: 22-23 “Do not be angry, my lord,” Aaron answered. “You know how prone these people are to evil. 23 They said to me, ‘Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.
- Prayer Point: I will not be prone to evil in Jesus’ name.
- 2 Samuel 15: 31 “Now David had been told, “Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom.” So David prayed, “Lord, turn Ahithophel’s counsel into foolishness.”
- Prayer Point: In Jesus name, all conspirators of evil in my life, family, ministry, turn their counsel into foolishness in the matchless name of Jesus.
- Psalm 20: 7 “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
- Prayer Point: This New Year 2023, my trust is in you O Lord.
- Psalm 21: 11-12 “Though they plot evil against you and devise wicked schemes, they cannot succeed. You will make them turn their backs when you aim at them with drawn bow.
- Prayer Point: In this New Year 2023, all evil plots and wicked schemes of the enemy over my family, ministry and this church…Salem Gospel Mission Int’l Bronx assembly will not succeed in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 25: 1-2 “Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
- Prayer Point: I lift up my spirit, soul, and body to you in this New Year 2023, I will not be ashamed, and my enemies will not triumph over me in the name of Jesus.
- Amos 8: 11 “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: (Romans 10: 17…So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God).
- Prayer Point: Lord I pray and longing to hearing your word in this New year with my family and in the community of my church and all over the world in Jesus’ name. My faith…the faith of people will increase hearing your word in Jesus name.
- Psalm 144: 12 “Then our sons in their youth will be like well-nurtured plants, and our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace.
- Prayer Point: O Lord I claim these promises for my children in the New Year and forever more in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Psalm 144: 13-15 “Our barns will be filled with every kind of provision. Our sheep will increase by thousands, by tens of thousands in our fields; our oxen will draw heavy loads. There will be no breaching of walls, no going into captivity, no cry of distress in our streets. Blessed is the people of whom this is true; blessed is the people whose God is the Lord.
- Prayer Point: Lord in this New Year, my barns will be filled with every kind of provision. All the resources and good things you have given to me will increase by thousands, by tens of thousands. No breaching, no captivity of any kind, and no kind of distress for me, my family, ministry. All these I pray, confess, and declare in Jesus name.
- Psalm 145: 4-7 “One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts. They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They tell of the power of your awesome works—
and I will proclaim your great deeds. They celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. (Judges 2: 10) “After that whole generation had been gathered to their ancestors, another generation grew up who knew neither the Lord nor what he had done for Israel”
- Prayer Point: Lord use me to pass and commend your work, splendor, your majesty, wonderful works, great deeds to the generations behind me. The generations behind me will know you and all that you have done. All these I pray with thanksgiving in Jesus name.
- Psalm 146: 9 “The Lord watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
- Prayer Point: Lord, watch over us foreigners in this land, sustain the fatherless and widows in our midst this New Year 2023 in Jesus’ name.
- Psalm 150: 6 “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.
- Prayer Point: Lord, you have given me breath, I praise your name. Accept my sacrifice of praise in Jesus’s name.
- 1 Samuel 13: 13-14 “You have done a foolish thing,” Samuel said. “You have not kept the command the Lord your God gave you; if you had, he would have established your kingdom over Israel for all time. But now your kingdom will not endure; the Lord has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him ruler of his people, because you have not kept the Lord’s command.”
- Prayer Point: Lord in my walk and work with you, I pray for obedient spirit in keeping your commandments that will not make me to do a foolish thing in your sight in Jesus’ name.
- 2 Chronicles 1: 10 “Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?”
- Prayer Point: Lord I pray for wisdom and knowledge from you with which to lead and carry out your work in my hands and my family in Jesus’s name.
- Moral Benefits of Wisdom
Proverbs 2: 1-6 “My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, 2 turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding— 3 indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, 4 and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, 5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. 6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. 7 He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, 8 for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. 9 Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path. 10 For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. 11 Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you. 12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse, 13 who have left the straight paths to walk in dark ways, 14 who delight in doing wrong and rejoice in the perverseness of evil, 15 whose paths are crooked and who are devious in their ways. 16 Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman, from the wayward woman with her seductive words, 17 who has left the partner of her youth and ignored the covenant she made before God. 18 Surely her house leads down to death and her paths to the spirits of the dead. 19 None who go to her return or attain the paths of life. 20 Thus you will walk in the ways of the good and keep to the paths of the righteous. 21 For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it; 22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the unfaithful will be torn from it.
Proverbs 8: 10-18 “Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, 11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. 12 “I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion. 13 To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. 14 Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have insight, I have power. 15 By me kings reign and rulers issue decrees that are just; 16 by me princes govern, and nobles—all who rule on earth. 17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. 18 With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity. 19 My fruit is better than fine gold; what I yield surpasses choice silver.
- Prayer Point: In this year 2023, I sincerely pray and ask for your wisdom to be in my heart, lead me, guide me, and direct me in all my undertakings in the matchless name of Jesus. The blessings that go with wisdom seekers I receive in Jesus name.
- Psalm 36: 9 “For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
- Prayer Point: Lord help me to walk in your light so that every form of darkness will be far away from my ministry, life, family, and my walk with you in the matchless name of Jesus.
- Psalm 36: 11 “May the foot of the proud not come against me, nor the hand of the wicked drive me away.”
- Prayer Point: Father I pray nothing in heaven, on earth, under the earth will drive me, my family, my ministry away from you this year 2023 in Jesus unfailing name.
- Proverbs 18: 22 “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.
- Prayer Point: Heavenly father I pray that our sons (my son) according to your word will be favored by you to find what is good…a Godly and Holy Spirit filled wife in Jesus’s name. Lord prepare our daughters (my daughter) to meet that husband that is favored to find her in the name of Jesus.
- Genesis 30: 27-28 “But Laban said to him, “If I have found favor in your eyes, please stay. I have learned by divination that the Lord has blessed me because of you.” 28 He added, “Name your wages, and I will pay them.”
- Prayer Point: Lord I pray by association, by acquaintance, by relationship, by my ministry, your work in my hands, with the church I attend, make me a blessing to people around me in the matchless name of Jesus.
- 2 Chronicles 16: 5-6 “In the thirty-sixth year of Asa’s reign Baasha king of Israel went up against Judah and fortified Ramah to prevent anyone from leaving or entering the territory of Asa king of Judah. 2 Asa then took the silver and gold out of the treasuries of the Lord’s temple and of his own palace and sent it to Ben-Hadad king of Aram, who was ruling in Damascus. 3 “Let there be a treaty between me and you,” he said, “as there was between my father and your father. See, I am sending you silver and gold. Now break your treaty with Baasha king of Israel so he will withdraw from me.” 4 Ben-Hadad agreed with King Asa and sent the commanders of his forces against the towns of Israel. They conquered Ijon, Dan, Abel Maim[a] and all the store cities of Naphtali. 5 When Baasha heard this, he stopped building Ramah and abandoned his work. 6 Then King Asa brought all the men of Judah, and they carried away from Ramah the stones and timber Baasha had been using. With them he built up Geba and Mizpah.
- Prayer Point: Lord please in your infinite mercies cause my enemies to abandon their evil work against me and my family and ministry in Jesus’ name.
- 2 Chronicles 16: 7-9 “At that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah and said to him: “Because you relied on the king of Aram and not on the Lord your God, the army of the king of Aram has escaped from your hand. 8 Were not the Cushites[b] and Libyans a mighty army with great numbers of chariots and horsemen[c]? Yet when you relied on the Lord, he delivered them into your hand. 9 For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war.”
- Prayer Point: “O Lord, help me to trust you in this year 2023 under all circumstances more than ever before…and not to do a foolish thing in your sight this year 2023 and thereafter in the matchless name of Jesus.
- 2 Chronicles 16: 11-12 “The events of Asa’s reign, from beginning to end, are written in the book of the kings of Judah and Israel. 12 In the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa was afflicted with a disease in his feet. Though his disease was severe, even in his illness he did not seek help from the Lord, but only from the physicians.
- Prayer Point: O Lord I put my whole trust in you for healing of diseases, and any and every affliction and not in science, physician, and technology in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- 2 Chronicles 20: 22-23 “As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated. 23 The Ammonites and Moabites rose up against the men from Mount Seir to destroy and annihilate them. After they finished slaughtering the men from Seir, they helped to destroy one another.
- Prayer Point: In this year 2023 and henceforth, our enemies will destroy one another as we give you praise in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- 2 Timothy 4: 5 “But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.”
- Prayer Point: Lord of host I pray for grace and enablement to fulfill my ministry…your work in my hands in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- Job 5: 12 He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise.
- Prayer Point: O Lord my God, I thank you and pray that you will continue to disappoint all the plans of the enemy over all that concerns me this year 2023 and beyond…so that they will not succeed in their mischievous plans in the matchless name of Jesus.
- Job 5: 17-27 “Blessed is the one whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal. 19 From six calamities he will rescue you; in seven no harm will touch you. 20 In famine he will deliver you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword. 21 You will be protected from the lash of the tongue, and need not fear when destruction comes. You will laugh at destruction and famine, and need not fear the wild animals. 23 For you will have a covenant with the stones of the field, and the wild animals will be at peace with you. 24 You will know that your tent is secure; you will take stock of your property and find nothing missing. 25 You will know that your children will be many, and your descendants like the grass of the earth. 26 You will come to the grave in full vigor, like sheaves gathered in season. 27 “We have examined this, and it is true. So hear it and apply it to yourself.”
- Prayer Point: Prayer of appropriation of all these promises to oneself.
To round up with corporate prayer & thanksgiving, please and kindly call in daily to the Prayer Line @:
605 475-4700. Access#: 461387.
If you are using T-Mobile or have difficulty logging on into the prayer line, please dial first:
1 716 293-9624.
This will prompt you to enter the prayer line above and follow with the access code number. Thank you.
7pm – 7.30pm (30 minutes)
Sunday, February 5, 2023 is the Thanksgiving for the year 2022,
(Family by family).
2 Chronicles 35: 4 “Prepare yourselves by families in your divisions….”